[Oceania-Board] Funding request for FOSS4G SotM Oceania 2023 TGP

eli elipuccioni at gmail.com
Sun May 7 20:34:30 PDT 2023

Hi Alex,

good to know we can get the OSGeo's $5,000 USD, that money will allow us to
extend the number of grants (or the amount of the single tiers, to be
discussed later)! Total cost is around $15,000 NZD, not $50,000, probably
was it a typo in your email?

I also understand your point about one only budget for the conference, and
probably would be easier if the TGP budget were allocated by the finance
committee as a percentage of the overall budget. I'm quite happy to go with
it, the only note is that the TGP committee needs to know pretty early at
least what the basic sum of the allocated funding would be, so we can
decide the number and amount of grants and start the application process.
The sooner we open the program, the better people can organise themselves
for travelling.

Maybe worth discussing this in the next conference committee meeting?

--
Potrebbe andar peggio...potrebbe piovere!