[Aust-NZ] Where to now?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 22:31:15 PST 2009

2009/11/17 Bruce Bannerman <bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com>:
> On another note, at FOSS4G, Arnulf Christl suggested that we may wish to
> consider running another regional FOSS4G event in two years time.
>
> I canvased a few people at FOSS4G and believe that we'd get a few key
> Developers / Vendors back here if we did.
>
> I think that if we were to do this, running it in New Zealand this time
> would be ideal.

We, the Australian OSM enthusiests, are thinking about putting in a
bid for the 2011 State of the Map, which is the annual OSM conference,
would you be open to some sort of dual event?

There was talk of combining the FOSS4G and SoTM event next year,
having them on adjoining weekends with mixed activities in the week
between sort of thing.