[Aust-NZ] Where to now?

Bruce Bannerman bruce.bannerman.osgeo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 21:28:56 PST 2009

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was waiting to see if there were any
other comments on this.

It makes sense to try and cooperate. Both communities are after similar
things.

However, we have a significant Kiwi membership in the OSGeo AustNZ list.

A number put significant time into helping with the organisation of
FOSS4G-2009.

I think that it is only appropriate that the next regional FOSS4G type event
be held in NZ.

Just a thought, is there any scope for your bid for 2011 SoTM to be also
held in NZ? How close are your ties with the NZ OSM community for a joint
Australian / NZ OSM community bid?

What do others think?

Bruce