[Aust-NZ] Where to now?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Nov 19 11:03:34 PST 2009

Regarding the OSM conference, Events Sydney, who helped pull together
our FOSS4G bid for Sydney, have lined up a meeting with me and someone
from OSM. I understand they want a brain dump from me regarding what we
learned from FOSS4G.

Regarding Ben's suggestion of a mini FOSS4G at the Spatial at Gov
conference: I'm very much in favour of this, and am available to help
make it happen.

Regarding a NZ conference. I think this is a good idea, and probably
should happen as well as an Australian conference. I'm thinking that we
could potentially run a number of GeoSpatial Open Source
workshops/training sessions. Of interest was that there were a number of
New Zealanders who couldn't get to foss4g, but said they would be able
to attend workshops in New Zealand. It would be interesting to see if
this is true.

LISAsoft has training expertise in house for most of the popular
Geospatial Open Source packages (we presented or co-presented these at
foss4g) and we are looking to hire out our training expertise.