[Aust-NZ] Where to now? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au Ben.Searle at osdm.gov.au
Mon Nov 16 22:49:51 PST 2009

Hi,

I think that there are a number of opportunities for the open source geo (OSG) community.  The Government 2.0 Task Force will be reporting later this year and I hope that this opens up opportunities to maker more government data easily accessible.

This provides two opportunities:
1. Assisting with developing tools to support data discovery and access - given that much of the government data will be spatial, this is an area for OSG.

2. With access to a wider range of data the OSG community can develop a range of tools to mash up this data.

Additionally, I am keen to see some OSGeo components in the Spatial at Gov<mailto:Spatial at Gov> 2010 conference.

I am happy to discuss further.......

Regards

Ben Searle
General Manager,
Australian Government Office of Spatial Data Management

Phone: 02 6249 9298
Mobile: 0439-995-785
Fax: 02 6249 9942
Email: ben.searle at ga.gov.au<mailto:ben.searle at osdm.gov.au>