[OSGeo Oceania] Fwd: Draft reach-out re future FOSS4G events

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 13:28:42 PDT 2019

John, I think the message should be signed by someone. How about finishing
the doc with:

We are looking forward to hearing from you,
John Bryant, OSGeo Oceania chair,
Cameron Shorter, scribe.
--
Note, I've copied only my blog a few days back:
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2019/08/considering-future-open-geospatial.html

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 23:59, John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Trisha, I agree with the idea to spread this message as broadly as
> possible.
>
> I'm thinking we should include the FOSS4G SotM Oceania Mailchimp list, in
> addition to the public OSGeo & OSM mailing lists. Any objections to this?
> Daniel, does this present any issues with respect to 2019 conference
> messaging?
>
> We've had a few days to look it over, can we finalise and send now?
> Cameron, do you want to send it out, or prefer to hand it off?
>
> Cheers
> John
>
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 19:19, Trisha Moriarty <moriar1y at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi John, Cameron
>> On the point of distribution channels, I would suggest we should go
>> broader, if possible.  all lists plus
>>  Sometimes we are too busy to do more than skim through email digests or
>> it will take seeing something a couple of times before we decide to act
>> (though that might just be me :)
>> Where appropriate can members send out via social channels &/or personal
>> blogs...  this could include giving personal insight as to what it is like
>> to be involved.
>> Can we add a note to the 2019 conference website,
>> https://2019.foss4g-oceania.org/team/
>>
>> Trish
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 10:25 AM Alex Leith <alexgleith at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks good to me too, sorry I'm a bit late to the party here!

>>> --
>>> Alex Leith
>>> m: 0419189050

Cameron Shorter