[OSGeo Oceania] MailChimp Mailing List Merging

Alex Leith alexgleith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 19:15:06 PDT 2019

Hi All

We have two large lists of people on in MailChimp.

The first is the general list, where people have signed up and this has 200
subscribers and the second is the conference attendees list, which has 300
subscribers.

We have two options to merge these lists:

   1. Merge the two lists, then send an email to the new list offering
   people the opportunity to opt out
   2. Don't merge the lists, but send an email to the conference attendees
   list offering the opportunity to opt in to the main list.

My view is that we should merge the lists, and allow people to opt out, as
this will leave us with a larger contact list, most likely. So my vote is
for option 1.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Kind regards,

--