[OSGeo Oceania] OSGeo Oceania Election Update

Tim tim.bowden at mapforge.com.au
Wed Nov 25 21:58:47 PST 2020

On 25/11/20 4:30 am, Alex Leith wrote:

> Dear OSGeo Oceania Members
>

> We have had eleven nominations for six positions on the Board, which
> means that we need to have a vote for who will take up the positions
> on the Board.
>

> It’s fantastic to have so many nominations, and from diverse locations
> too.
>

> The election will take place via ElectionBuddy and Tim Bowden has
> kindly taken on the role of the Returning Officer. Voting will open
> November 29th and will close December 6th at 11:59 pm, Perth time.
> We’ll announce the results on December the 7th.
>

> You can find out more about nominees here:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania_Elections.
>

> Kind regards,
>

> Alex
>

> --
> Alex Leith
> m: 0419189050

Election update: I've just updated the wiki again with more candidate
statements (a few still incoming, but I'll update as I get them):
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania_Elections#2020_Candidates

There are actually *9* candidates, not 11.  Sorry Alex, I didn't proof
read that very well before you sent it!

Voting will open around mid day this Sunday (depending on what time zone
you're in).  It will close a week later on Sunday 6th December, 11:59pm
Perth time (+8hrs), not 11:59:59pm as initially advised in case anyone
was counting on those last 59 seconds to cast a vote.  Election Buddy
will send you an email with a personal voting link when the election opens.

If anyone has any issues with voting, please get in touch via
mailto:elections at osgeo-oceania.org

Cheers,

Tim Bowden

Returning Officer, 2020