[OSGeo Oceania] Follow up about OGS - travel funding

Adam Steer adam.d.steer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:08:43 PDT 2022

A related post about two conferences in the region, not discussed
anyplace except here:

Will OSGeo Oceania consider offering travel assistance for open source
geospatial advocates in Oceania to attend the Oceania Geospatial
Symposium?

I'm not sure if the OSGeo travel grant assistance would extend to
non-FOSS4G events, and its OK if OSGeo Oceania decide to follow the
same pattern.

In my mind it would be a really great act of good faith if OO can
offer help, and super useful if, say, someone near Noumea can't access
levels of TGP funding to get to Suva, but would get to Noumea with a
small boost.

Maybe the microgrants program is also a way to help with that?

Just a thought, and I also think I just volunteered myself as a TGP
application reviewer having these kinds of ideas:D

Adam