[OSGeo Oceania] Follow up about OGS - travel funding

eli elipuccioni at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 11:44:57 PDT 2022

That’s a really good point Adam and definitely worth a discussion! Will
raise the question to the board at the next meeting, as I too agree it
would be great to facilitate people to reach OS GIS events in the region,
not necessary FOSS4G.
And yes, we’re very glad to have you as reviewer, I’ll be in contact soon!
If anybody else want to volunteer their time for Microgrant or TGP planning
or reviewing, drop me a message!
Cheers,
Elisa

Il giorno ven 5 ago 2022 alle 06:08 Adam Steer <adam.d.steer at gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> A related post about two conferences in the region, not discussed
> anyplace except here:
>
> Will OSGeo Oceania consider offering travel assistance for open source
> geospatial advocates in Oceania to attend the Oceania Geospatial
> Symposium?
>
> I'm not sure if the OSGeo travel grant assistance would extend to
> non-FOSS4G events, and its OK if OSGeo Oceania decide to follow the
> same pattern.
>
> In my mind it would be a really great act of good faith if OO can
> offer help, and super useful if, say, someone near Noumea can't access
> levels of TGP funding to get to Suva, but would get to Noumea with a
> small boost.
>
> Maybe the microgrants program is also a way to help with that?
>
> Just a thought, and I also think I just volunteered myself as a TGP
> application reviewer having these kinds of ideas:D
>
> Adam

Potrebbe andar peggio...potrebbe piovere!