[OSGeo Oceania] The Travel Grant Program is now accepting applications

Jonah Sullivan jonahsullivan79 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:11:03 PDT 2022

*The Travel Grant Program is now accepting applications.*

*More information here. <https://osgeo-oceania.org/pgc2022-tgp/>*

*CLICK HERE TO APPLY* <https://forms.gle/ZqjVVR1G4RT9NCWZA>

The program is aimed at increasing the diversity, impact, and reach of the
conference. We are looking for worthy recipients who are committed to make
an impact with the opportunity provided, and we want to stretch our limited
budget as widely as possible.

*Our goals include:*

·        Bringing the power of Open Geospatial to a wide audience

·        Helping individuals become engaged in the development of Open
Geospatial Software, Data and Standards

·        Reaching, empowering and giving a voice to a diverse community,
including those who might not have the financial or social means to attend
the conference

*What we are looking for:*

·        People from under-represented communities, such as:

o   Indigenous communities

o   Residents of remote communities

o   Women in tech

o   Community development workers or students who don’t have workplace or
government funding

·        People who have “skin in the game”:

o   People who will make use of what they learn to make a positive impact
to themselves and their communities.

o   People who contribute to open communities, such as contributing to
OpenStreetMap, or Open Source Software.

o   People willing to volunteer at the conference.

·        People from the Oceania region