[OSGeo Oceania] [Oceania-Board] Geospatial Council of Australia - thoughts?

Martin Tomko tomkom at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Mar 29 17:14:16 PDT 2023

Oh, sorry – you mean VGI? That was me the academic speaking - Volunteered Geographic Information, e.g., OSM, or any other geo content (e.g., Mapillary Cam data, or OpenDrone Map, or other) that is volunteered by people, as opposed to a “super” category - User Generated Content, which is any stuff that may be gathered from people out there, even unknowingly (some call this Coerced Geographic Content …)

Agreed with your other points – and this makes it quite tricky to write a good MoU 😊, but there is hope,
M.