[OSGeo Oceania] Call for participation: OSGeo Oceania Communications Working Group

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 00:56:49 PST 2024

Hi all, sharing this call for joining/helping the Comms Working Group.

Cheers
John
OSGeo Oceania needs you!

Dear Oceania open geospatial community,

We're revitalising the Communications Working Group (the "CWG"), and we
need several volunteers to join us and help with tasks like:

   - providing technical support
   - writing, proofreading, and delivering content
   - managing our web, social media, instant messaging, and other channels
   - guiding strategy and developing policy

Why is this important?

OSGeo Oceania's purpose is to support the regional open geospatial
community. We're a big beautiful community spread across a huge geography,
so communication is absolutely critical to delivering this mission! To stay
connected, we need to communicate with each other, and OSGeo Oceania can
play a role in this. By joining the CWG, you will have the opportunity to
make a direct impact and drive engagement across Oceania, helping us all
stay connected.

OK, I'm interested, what do I do?

Great! Please get in touch ASAP at *admin at osgeo-oceania.org*
<admin at osgeo-oceania.org?subject=Comms%20Working%20Group%20inquiry> and let
us know! Do you have something specific you want to do? Can only do a
couple of hours here and there? No problem, tell us what works for you.

Whether you want to become an active member of the CWG, or just drop in
occasionally to proofread, we appreciate any contribution. Many hands make
light work and we will try to find something you can do to help.

That said, we would very much like to invite passionate individuals to join
the CWG and help us make this aspect of our organisation shine. Some time
in the next few weeks, we'll meet to discuss next steps, and we'd love to
see you there!

John Bryant & Ewen Hill
Communications Working Group,
OSGeo Oceania