[OSGeo Oceania] Board meeting 12 Jan 2024

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 14:19:01 PST 2024

Hi all,

The OSGeo Oceania board had its monthly meeting on 12 Jan and the minutes
were finalised last night. We're going to try and keep to a tight schedule
on finalising minutes and sharing them with the community within 7 days of
each meeting, hopefully this will be one small part of keeping the lines of
communication open.

A large portion of the meeting was spent discussing priorities for 2024.
With input from board members and the community, we had a list of topics
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L0l_I15T-zm4LyLuwePq6ZfgS3OL9LEm> to
consider. We spent time working through a couple of these topics,
specifically communication and finance, and will work on other topics in
future meetings.

There was some brief discussion about the prospect of seeking individual
and corporate sponsorship; the board is initially discussing this in Loomio
<https://www.loomio.com/osgeo-oceania> and the discussion will be brought
to the community for input.

We will reconvene the comms working group and the finance committee to help
drive action in these areas. Please keep an eye out for calls for community
participation in the comms working group.

Minutes are attached and posted to the OSGeo Oceania wiki
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Oceania>.

As always, input & feedback welcome!

Cheers
John