[GeoForAll-UrbanScience] Spatial analysis of social media (e.g., tweets)

Charles Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Sep 28 05:26:02 PDT 2015

Hi GeoForAll Urban Science thematic,

1) I have a graduate student interested in this topic. Does anyone know of
any good geocrowdsourcing training literature around how one approaches the
spatial analysis of tweets or other social media posts?

2) It would be great if we could somehow get operational a communication
platform like the one PublicLab.org has where we could have students post
research notes [1] that other interested people in our group or outside of
the group could monitor. For example, people interested in the above topic
or other topics. Any ideas on how we might do that? I'm copying Jeff
McKenna because this could be something that would reside on the OSGeo web
platform. I think what I am suggesting is a little different than a wiki or
a blog... any ideas on how we might implement such an idea?

Cheers,

Charlie

[1] http://publiclab.org/research/

--
Charlie Schweik

Professor, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dept of Environmental Conservation and Center for Public Policy and
Administration

Personal website: http://people.umass.edu/cschweik
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/charles_schweik/

Author, Internet Success: A Study of Open Source Software (MIT Press, 2012)
- see http://tinyurl.com/d3e4545