[GeoForAll-UrbanScience] Spatial analysis of social media

Sven Schade sven.schade at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Wed Sep 30 06:55:18 PDT 2015

Hi Carlie, all,

Some free and open tools and training material on this would be great to
have...

We did several experiments on this over the last years (see one poster with
that might give a few ideas and a more detailed paper attached). In order to
facilitate these works and move into a wider more structured toolset, a
colleague designed and partially developed a framework to connect existing
libraries (mainly via python). The result is a quite techy and software
engineering piece, that was unfortunately somewhat abandon after he left our
group. If you are interested, I would be happy to get this back to life and
see if it might be of value as a baseline and initial content. Just let me
know!!

Best,
Sven