[OpenCitySmart] UMGeoCon

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jan 13 07:43:57 PST 2016

All,

Announcing a new, inaugural, local event, the Upper Midwest GEOCON.

http://umgeocon.org/

This is a rather interesting conference in that it’s attempting to cross Geo boundaries and disciplines and bring together Geo professionals and academics that might not congregate otherwise.  The audience is sourced from at least 4 states.  The conference organizing committee already includes each States' respective GIS organization.  Much of the audience will be new to the presenters as well, so it’s gaining to be a good venue to expand the reach of your projects and ideas.

Basically anything Geo related.  I’m tasked with pulling together an Open Source track of presenters myself, but I’m open to other ideas from here as well.  If anyone on the list has an idea for an Abstract or Workshop, be it Open Source or not, please consider submitting it for the conference.   Any Open Sorcerers (Yes the Wizarding kind) please copy me with your interest to be included in the Open Source track.

The call for Abstracts ends Jan. 18th.

Thanks

bobb