[OpenCitySmart] Another question about our group's capabilities: Who in our group is working on geospatially explicit environmental sensors?

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Fri Jul 22 11:56:26 PDT 2016

Hi OpenCitySmart members,

I continue to work on this NSF grant to support our collaborative efforts.
(Thanks to people who responded to my last email on 'urban resilience'
literature. Appreciated!).
Two more questions:

1) *Who on this list is conducting research and/or teaching on (ideally)
open source geospatially explicit environmental sensors?* Right now I know
of only two:

-Ron Fortunato - and Arduino-based Global Earthquake Forecast System, and
- Me (and a colleague Rick Peltier) - Arduino-based Air Quality Sensor

Anyone else?

2) *Who on this list is working in the area of unmanned aerial systems
(UAS) research and education*? Right now I know of:

- Michael Starek
- Helena Mitasova
- Phil Davis
- Ron Fortunato
- Me

Anyone else?

If you do work in either of these areas and have written about it, please
send me a citation (and the paper, if possible).

Thanks all!

Charlie

--
Charlie Schweik

Professor, Department of Environmental Conservation &
Interim Director of the School of Public Policy,
University of Massachusetts, Amherst