[OpenCitySmart] FW: President Barack Obama: America's Chief Resilience Officer?

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Wed Jul 27 12:13:53 PDT 2016

Thanks Patrick -- I'm convinced not to contact them!

OpenCitySmart colleagues:

As I've said previously, we're working on a revised submission to the US
National Science Foundation to establish us as a "Open Geographical Science
Research (and education) Coordination Network for Urban Resilience."
Working with several people on this list, we've decided to focus in three
areas:

1) Research in "Open Geospatial-Temporal Data Collection or 'Sensing'" --
focusing on open source environmental sensors (e.g., arduino-based sensor
devices) and Unmanned Aerial Systems;

2) Research in "Open Geospatial-Temporal Analytics and Visualization; and,

3) Open Geographical Science Education

In general, if we get this grant, it would provide us with funds to help
support some members each year, over four years, to meet at conferences,
like FOSS4G, to build collaborative work in these areas.

MY REQUEST TO YOU

We are trying to develop a short inventory on people who would like to be
part of this RCN, and their areas of expertise (organized by the three
areas: (1) Sensing, (2) Analytics/Visualization and (3) Education.

*AS SOON ASA POSSIBLE, please look at this Google Document, look for your
name, and add 2-3 lines on how what you do relates to one or more of these
three areas (and include references to your work and the bottom --