[OpenDroneMap-dev] (no subject)

Cole colek42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:03:59 PST 2015

All,

I was very impressed with Steve's presentation at NCGIS.  I have been
looking for an open source project that is new, and interests me.  This
looks like the perfect match.

I have not done much web development and would like to get some
experience.  A python micro web framework such as Flask might seem like a
good way to go when doing the port.  Let me know your thoughts and II'll
get a something started over the next few weeks.

With python, it should be fairly trivial to directly call the C libraries
for easier cross-platform support.

I also noticed that people are having issues with camera calibration.  I
have gone through this with some of my computer vision problems.  OpenCV
includes a library that will give a transform based upon a picture of a
checkerboard.  My first order of business will be to through together a
python script to correct images.  I do not know how this will affect the
rest of the toolchain.

Let me know if anyone is working on these issues already, and if this is
the direction that the rest of you want to go, and any hang-ups you may
foresee.

-cole