[OpenDroneMap-dev] (no subject)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 5 00:13:50 PST 2015

On 03/04/2015 11:51 PM, Cole wrote:
> 1.  It was in reference to the idea of replacing the perl script with
> python.  I think using a web framework to such as cherrypy or flask to do
> so would be logical so we would not have to worry about any platform
> specific sys calls.  I am not talking about running an external website, it
> would be a local service with a web interface.  Having a HTML5 interface
> would also open up the project to non-devs for use and allow integration
> with visualization tools such as cesium/open layers.

So you're implying something like a ctypes wrapper around the C parts to
avoid sys calls (which would still exist otherwise even with python)?
I have also heard Flask is good ( I have more experience with Django but
that's overkill for this).

Yes HTML5 would make an interface easier to manage, especially for
people who want to run it remotely on amazon instances.

To note, by
> background is in computer vision and autonomous systems, so while building
> the framework should be straight-forward some of the mapping and fancy web
> stuff is out of my realm of comfort.  There is quite a bit of talent in the
> GIS community that could probably help fill in for my weaker areas.

Ya don't worry about that part, we do have that covered. I've already
been pondering how to link this into QGIS as a toolbox.

> 2.  I have to do some camera calibration for another non-commercial project
> I am working on that involves matching frames using SIFT points.  I'll
> package my work and make it suitable for inclusion in this project.  I use
> openCV, which is BSD.

Sounds great,
Alex