[OpenDroneMap-dev] (no subject)

Cole colek42 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 23:51:34 PST 2015

1.  It was in reference to the idea of replacing the perl script with
python.  I think using a web framework to such as cherrypy or flask to do
so would be logical so we would not have to worry about any platform
specific sys calls.  I am not talking about running an external website, it
would be a local service with a web interface.  Having a HTML5 interface
would also open up the project to non-devs for use and allow integration
with visualization tools such as cesium/open layers.  To note, by
background is in computer vision and autonomous systems, so while building
the framework should be straight-forward some of the mapping and fancy web
stuff is out of my realm of comfort.  There is quite a bit of talent in the
GIS community that could probably help fill in for my weaker areas.

2.  I have to do some camera calibration for another non-commercial project
I am working on that involves matching frames using SIFT points.  I'll
package my work and make it suitable for inclusion in this project.  I use
openCV, which is BSD.