[OpenDroneMap-dev] Image Correction

Cole colek42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 05:41:10 PDT 2015

I was just going to email the list about that.  I would like to make a test
use case for this.  Since the ARDrone is probably not within our normal use
case, and I do not own a GoPro, would somebody be able to take a video of a
checkerboard pattern (
http://wiki.ros.org/camera_calibration/Tutorials/StereoCalibration?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=check-108.pdf)
 and share it.  Make sure you pan the camera so every part of the sensor is
covered by the pattern in at least one frame.  Orientation, skew, etc does
not matter.  Make sure you get it as some different distances as well.  I
think we can also calculate the CCD width of the cropped image based on the
width of the checkerboard cells.

The next logical progression in this work would be to take video and find
the minimum number of overlapping frames to create a desirable result --
using RANSAC.  So if y'all have some aerial gopro video footage with the
exact same camera, I would appreciate that as well.

As the I have a use case for my application with video inside and outside
of ROS, I will be posting a test case using the ARDrone, which uses a
wide-angle camera.

v/r
NJK