[OpenDroneMap-dev] OpenDroneMap-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 8

Cole colek42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:07:42 PDT 2015

> You don't want a video, you want still images. I can upload some later.
> The problem with the video is that it's much lower resolution than time
> lapse shots from the same camera and you end up grabbing frames from it
> anyways.

1.  A series of images will be fine, 20 would images would suffice.  It
will allow me to test the calibration againt a known quantity -- the goPro
camera.  Once I have these I will write a test case.

2. From my understanding point cloud reconstruction does not always benefit
from higher resolution images and adds quite a bit of computing overhead.
I am working with a fellow student to write up a grant proposal for
real-time dense point cloud reconstruction from a MAV.  I am starting some
work with LSD-SLAM, and will hopefully have some point clounds we can
test.  It will be interesting to see if there is a quality trade off using
the LSD-SLAM method.

> Measuring the checkerboard loss from really close up shots is exactly
> how I guessed the new sensor size.

Where do I need to define the corrected sensor size if crop, EXIF?

v/r
NJK