[OpenDroneMap-dev] OpenAerialMap Metadata Spec

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Mon May 4 16:38:00 PDT 2015

Hi All,

As some of you know, OpenAerialMap is getting a reboot, and had two days of
meetings in DC at the tail end of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
Summit. I attended the first day to observe a bit, and see what the
relationship might be moving forward with OpenDroneMap.

OpenAerialMap is intended to be a small number of nodes of open licensed
aerial data -- sort of the OpenStreetMap of aerial imagery.

I think it would be useful if future versions of ODM supported outputing
the metadata and format, and perhaps upload directly to OpenAerialMap
(optionally of course).

Anyway, it would be valuable to have this group weigh in on the metadata
specs that OAM is developing. You can do pull requests here:

https://github.com/hotosm/OpenAerialMap/tree/master/metadata

You can get more context for the meeting here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ArKpugJNlJwxJS8rxUJlgndMYiFYLxsPpKTsKcT-Lac

Cheers,
Best,
Steve