[OpenDroneMap-users] ODM enhancements for texturing, georeferencing, and more

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Sat Jun 27 13:47:40 PDT 2015

Hi All,

In the category of additions on the way, Spotscale will be working on
the following enhancements over the next couple of months:

* Python port
* GPS EXIF based K-nearest neighbor match optimization
* Georeferenced point cloud as LAZ file
* Write EXIF GPS locations back to input imagery
* Georeferenced orthophoto (geotiff) output
* Evaluate picture quality and sort image assignment. Picture quality
evaluation with respect to over/under exposure, blur, and camera
alignment
* Integrate OpenCV's image stitching pipeline for blending / smoothing

Recognizing that there's already work on the Python port in Jesse
Crocker's repo [1] and as outlined by Daryl Van Dyke [2], this is work
not intended to clobber community work. In other words, if those
projects are ready with a pull request before Spotscale gets to
writing the port, then Spotscale will add to that work. If not, then
prior work will be used for inspiration / direction.

Also, there's a great contribution [3] from Gerald Mwangi which
substantially improves texturing by choosing the better camera. This
will be merged soon, and will make a big difference quality-wise with
respect to texturing.

Cheers,
Best,
Steve