[OpenDroneMap-users] Orthophoto without georeferencing

Rimvydas naktinis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:30:45 PDT 2015

OK, I get what you mean. Maybe "orthophoto" is not the right word in my
question. What I actually expect in my case is simply a mosaic image
without any reference to real dimensions or location (something like what
Hugin or PhotoScan can produce).

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM, Stephen Mather <stephen at smathermather.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rimvydas,
>
> What georeferencing info adds is knowledge of where the Z axis is. Without
> that knowledge, AFAIK, there's no real way to create an ortho from the mesh.
>
> Best,
> Steve
> On Mar 25, 2015 9:55 AM, "Rimvydas" <naktinis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that currently odm_orthophoto is only run after
>> odm_georeferencing, so if the image set does not have any georeferencing
>> information, it seems to be impossible to produce a stitched orthophoto
>> with ODM alone.
>>
>> As it is possible to produce a mesh without georeferencing information
>> (via keypoint matching), it should in theory be possible to produce an
>> orthophoto mosaic as well. Does anyone know if this would be possible with
>> the current version of ODM (maybe with slight modifications)?
>>
>> Maybe I should write to the dev mailing list instead?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Rimvydas

Rimvydas