[OpenDroneMap-users] Orthophoto without georeferencing

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Wed Mar 25 19:38:30 PDT 2015

Ah, yes I see what you mean. Photoscan, as far as I know, only does this
because you have a 3D model that you can orient and basically declare your
Z axis, which is a clever approach. That means that Photoscan actually
gives you an orthophoto.

Hugin is just stitching and blending, as I understand it. I know Alex
Mandel and Michelle Tobias have a lot of experience with Hugin... . No
point in ODM recreating that functionality, I think (though willing to be
proven wrong) although plenty of reason to integrate that wonderful
multiscalar blending algorithm... .

Cheers,
Best,
Steve