[OpenDroneMap-users] "bowl" effect

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 19:47:37 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Stephen Mather <stephen at smathermather.com>
wrote:

> Hi Anna,
>
> Good news. I've been bad here and cc'd Pau who an hopefully answer your
> question on parameters.

I found this function in OpenSfM:
https://github.com/mapillary/OpenSfM/blob/master/opensfm/exif.py#L50

which undistorts a gopro  camera, so I guess I can inject my values there
(not tested yet)

> That said, if you have all the parameters, is there any reason to not
> undistort before feeding into ODM?

True, what would be the simplest way to do that? But then how do you tell
ODM to not try to undistort the pictures again? During the processing with
opensfm, I can see:

running "/odm_app/OpenDroneMap/bin/RadialUndistort"
"/vagrant_data/June19_subset/reconstruction-with-image-size-2402/list.txt"
opensfm/bundle_r000.out pmvs
[ReadBundleFile] Bundle version: 0.300
[ReadBundleFile] Reading 126 images and 49430 points...
Undistorting image ./dsc01522.jpg
Undistorting image ./dsc01523.jpg
Undistorting image ./dsc01524.jpg
Undistorting image ./dsc01525.jpg

Sorry if I am missing something

Best,

Anna

> Cheers,
> Best,
> Steve
>

> On Sun, Oct 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 11:04 PM, Stephen Mather <
>> stephen at smathermather.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If memory serves, Anna has proper survey points, so Z is pretty good.
>>>
>>> Regarding the alternate branch -- there's nothing wrong with it, and
>>> it may be the FUTURE, but TBH, I haven't had a chance to test it
>>> properly... . I was hoping you'd try it, since you have such good
>>> secondary data to verify how it does... .
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Best,