[OpenDroneMap-users] "bowl" effect

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Mon Oct 5 19:52:35 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:47 PM, Anna Petrášová <kratochanna at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:27 PM, Stephen Mather <stephen at smathermather.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Anna,
>>
>> Good news. I've been bad here and cc'd Pau who an hopefully answer your
>> question on parameters.
>>

> I found this function in OpenSfM:
> https://github.com/mapillary/OpenSfM/blob/master/opensfm/exif.py#L50
>
> which undistorts a gopro  camera, so I guess I can inject my values there
> (not tested yet)

Ha, yes. Hopefully that works. Also:
http://www.janeriksolem.net/2014/05/how-to-calibrate-camera-with-opencv-and.html

>> That said, if you have all the parameters, is there any reason to not
>> undistort before feeding into ODM?
>>

> True, what would be the simplest way to do that? But then how do you tell
> ODM to not try to undistort the pictures again? During the processing with
> opensfm, I can see:

Hmm, I don't know if one can tell ODM not to undistort, but perhaps one
should be able to, now that you mention it. Still, there's very little
harm, I think, in ODM attempting to undistort an undistorted image. This is
something I've been meaning to test for a few months now... .