[OpenDroneMap-users] Future of ODM

Pedro Leão pedroleaoc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:50:21 PDT 2016

Hi,
I work in a remote sensing startup and we love open-source. Especially
because open GIS softwares are WAY better than the closed ones :-P

I know there is an amazing potential for OpenDroneMap in our projects since
we mostly use orthophotos and DTMs to feed our AI algorithms.

My questions are simple yet complex:

1) How do you see ODM growing in terms of quality of its results
(especially orthophotos and DSMs)? Do you think there's room for
improvement?

2) In which way could we accelerate its improvement?

As an electrical engineer, I'm just trying to understand how big ODM can
become in the GIS scenario and how can I help.

Thank you guys,
P.