[OpenLayers-Dev] Open Location Services & Openlayers

Gianni.Barrotta at corenet.it Gianni.Barrotta at corenet.it
Mon Aug 6 12:16:26 EDT 2007

Hi,
i'm successfully using openlayers in a couple of projects; one of them is
an implementation of the standardOGC Open LS (OpenGIS Location Service,
used by google too in google maps).

Here is an example of the use of route objects to search directions for an
Italian region called Sardinia:
http://coreweb2.corenet.it/sandbox/resources/html/route.html
Directions are of course in Italian Language; it's still a "work in
progress"...

I'd love to share this objects with openlayers community, even as related
project or committing our objects to the repository.
The idea would be to give to the openlayers community a support to add
directions on their maps; we've to decide if this might be a goog or bad
idea.

P.S.
Here you can find a description of the standard:
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/olscore