[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers.Format.KML.write()

Damien Corpataux damien.corpataux at camptocamp.com
Tue Aug 14 10:16:32 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'd like to implement a bit of OpenLayers.Format.KML.write() method, and
enhance OpenLayers.Format.KML.read() to enabl.e Polygon node parsing...

Questions:
1/ Did you have any reason not to have implemented Polygon parsing at
once with Point and LineString? I thought it could be because of the
outerBoudaryIs node, which cannot be translated into OpenLayers.Geometry
object...? Or was it just laziness? :-)

2/ How do you see the namespaces for KML? My view is that one can parse
any KML as a 2.0, fetching Placemark nodes and digging into their
geometries, since this seems not to change over versions. Do you think
it's a good way of doing it?

Cheers,
Damien

--