[OpenLayers-Dev] WMC, SLD support and Renderer Optimizations [was many threads]

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:58:33 EDT 2007

Can we please add "Filtering" to the list.
I have 2 requirements for Filtering:
1. To apply filtering to SLD, so you can say "when roadtype=local, set
line color=green".
2. To reduce a GML dataset to a smaller dataset before a user downloads
the dataset. (At the moment, I plan to implement this in Mapbuilder as
it will be easier, but I'd prefer to use Openlayers if I can meet my
project's budget and schedule.

I won't be at FOSS4G, but other Mapbuilder developers interested in this
will be there and I'll be very interested in the outcomes.

Comments about proposals below:
1. If you are parsing WMC, I suggest you also consider parsing OWS
Context. It should not be too much extra work, and OWS Context supports
different data types like WFS and GML layers.
2. KML3 is likely to replace OWS Context and contain elements for OWS
Context and KML 2, so keep that in the back of your mind too.
3. It would be very useful to have a WMC export function which is worth
considering in your design.