[OpenLayers-Dev] GML examples?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Aug 28 13:23:50 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 10:42:07AM -0500, John Cole wrote:
> I suppose the correct fix would be to run the output form PostGIS through a
> stylesheet to fix this, so I don't think OL should have to support a bad
> schema.
>
> I just selected a zip code from MsSqlSpatial and the results are below.  It
> has the same outerBoundaryIs tag.

The problem is that PostGIS doesn't use "outerBoundaryIs" -- it uses
"OuterBoundaryIs".

The MsSqlSpatial is also different in that it doesn't spit out
<gml:LinearRing>s.

So, the existing code works with what you have below, but won't work
with the output from PostGIS. I'm going to work on talking to the
PostGIS people to ensure that this is not some new definition of GML
that I don't know, and move forward that way.