[OpenLayers-Dev] RFC: Resolution to only change License with Unanimous Vote

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Wed Oct 10 01:46:55 EDT 2007

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/SteeringCommittee?action=diff&version=8

> Also, I think we should maintain a record of the results of votes.
> The way MapGuide runs their PSC.  An RFC is prepared in the wiki, a
> link is forwarded to dev for discussion, then after a suitable
> waiting period a motion to vote is presented by a PSC member.  After
> the vote, the proponent of the RFC updates the list with the voting
> record.  For issues like this one, this seems like a bit of overkill
> but at least the main text of the RFC and the voting history could be
> plunked into the wiki after a vote?

How do people feel about this? In the past, there have been very few
issues which have required a vote -- the majority of the voting has
just been for releases so far.

If others are interested in this public log of voting, though, I would
be happy to set up some wikistructure to handle it. :-)

Erik