[OpenLayers-Dev] Addins Candidate: LoadingPanel

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:47:05 EST 2008

On 1/26/08, Tim Schaub <tschaub at openplans.org> wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Lorenzo Becchi wrote:
> >> It seems to me that this is as good of a boundary as any: if the control
> >> needs to create some additional UI elements beyond the div that it is
> >> given for the Control Panel / main div, then it probably belongs in
> >> addins.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> > maybe it's "time to play"
> >

> I agree.
>
> Have other issues of release/API already been discussed?
>
> Specifically, can the API of an addin change for a given major release
> of the trunk?
>
> Does each addin get it's own version number?  Maybe a bit ridiculous,
> but I don't think it makes sense to tie down the API to trunk versions.

I don't think there is any reason to tie the addins to trunk releases.
Now, clearly, the addin creator will want to specify *clearly* in a
README file, or something of the like, specifically which versions of
OL are compatible with the addin. But the whole idea of this endeavour
is that they should be independent little creatures, released and
maintained separately from trunk.

--e