[OpenLayers-Dev] Custom Layer

Roald de Wit rdewit at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 28 18:12:08 EST 2008

Hey Matt,

You might find that Layer.WMS is sufficient for you. I don't know what
your parameters look like, but you can quite easily build a request URL
doing something like this:

var params  = {
  foo: bar,
  ping: pong
};

var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
  "Custom Layer",
  "http://url.to.service/",
  params,
  {singleTile: true}
);

This will automatically request your web service. You don't need to give
it a lat/long yourself as this will be done for you!

Btw: I assumed that your layer is a baseLayer. If it isn't and the
projection of your layer is different from the baseLayer one, you'll
need to do some more work.

Good luck!

Roald