[OpenLayers-Dev] Problem adding a new handler

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Jul 21 16:46:32 EDT 2009

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009, Camilo Vargas <cavargasru at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi

> I'm trying to develop a new handler for one special app using openlayers.
>
> The process which I followed was create one based on the RegularPolygon add new javascript in the openlayers.js in the jsfiles array. But once I try the new handler with:
>
> new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(crater, OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon1, {
>         handlerOptions: {
>              irregular: true
>         }
>
> I got this exception.
>
> Exception: this.handler.setMap is not a function File: http://127.0.0.1:8000/mars/lib/OpenLayers/Control.js Line: 236 Column: 0
>
> Obviuslly i'm missing something but I don't really know what it is.

The error means that the handler the draw feature control creates by
instatiating your RegularPolygon1 class does not have a setMap method.
So there most probably is a problem with way you define the
RegularPolygon1 class. In its (almost) simplest form it would look
like this:

OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon1 =
OpenLayers.Class(OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon, {
    initialize: function(control, options) {
        OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon.prototype.initialize.apply(this,
arguments);
    }
});

Cheers,