[OpenLayers-Dev] Unhighlight feature + KEY_ESC : IE bug

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Jul 31 08:56:54 EDT 2009

Hi,

  I have a very odd behavior with the SelectFeature control in IE +
keyboard handler using the KEY_ESC to unselect all features.    I use a
customized DeleteFeature control, who is responsible to set the feature
"state" to delete and redrawing it.  It has it's own SelectFeature
control for feature selection.

  When unselecting by 'clicking out', it works fine.  But when hitting
"esc", it DOES unselect all features + the unhighlight function is
called, but features stay the "selected" color.

  I checked the select-feature example (1) and it doesn't have this
behavior, so it looks like a combination of ESC key problem +
SelectFeature Control...  See a live example of the problem (using
trunk) (2).

  I'm out of solution for this one.  Any comments ?

(1) http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html
(2)
http://dev4g.mapgears.com/openlayers/ie-highlight-bug/examples/ie-highlight-bug.html

N.B. Problem viewed in IE7, don't know about other IE versions.

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears