[OpenLayers-Dev] ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 MapServer question

Marten Hogeweg mhogeweg at esri.com
Thu Sep 17 23:52:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

I was trying to view an ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 map service in OpenLayers. Following the sample in http://localhost/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/ArcGIS93Rest-js.html I do this through:

var arcims = new OpenLayers.Layer.ArcGIS93Rest("MyName",                                   "http://sampleserver1.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Specialty/ESRI_StateCityHighway_USA/MapServer",
                                   {
                                     layers: "0,1,2"
                                   });

However, this did not work until I added /export to the URL. Is that expected behavior? Or perhaps the documentation should be updated to include the /export in the sample.

Thanks,

Marten