[OpenLayers-Dev] WMSCapabilities error in IE

Gabriel Nolasco nolasco_gabriel at yahoo.com.br
Sat Sep 19 11:25:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I am getting an error message when trying to parse some xml capabilities docs in IE8.
The error message is - null is null or not an object – and happens in WMSCapabilities.js line 60 char 3.
I have found that the data object exists but IE can't get the documentElement (data.documentElement returns null).
Here are two examples of xml docs that throw an error:

[1] http://inspire.cop.gva.es/mapserver/wms?service=wms&request=getCapabilities
[2] http://mapas.igeo.pt/wms/caop/continente?service=wms&request=getCapabilities

I would like to know why this happens only with some xml docs and only with IE.
Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel Nolasco