[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 2.11 release schedule?

Henri Sivonen hsivonen at iki.fi
Sat Mar 5 08:56:37 EST 2011

Hi,

In reference to http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2933

Mozilla is about to release Firefox 4. (Release candidate is being tested.)

The current release of OpenLayers is incompatible with Firefox 4, because Firefox 4 is more HTML5-compliant than the previous release and OpenLayers runs HTML5-incompatible code if the browser's UA string doesn't contain "MSIE" or "Safari" and the UA string of Firefox 4 doesn't have those substrings.

The problem has already been fixed on OpenLayers trunk.

Over at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, we have reports about a couple of sites whose maps are broken because of this. We'd like to evangelize these sites to update to a new fixed release of OpenLayers, but one isn't available, yet.

When should we expect to see a release of OpenLayers that contains the fix for http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2933 ?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen at iki.fi