[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers 2.11 release schedule?

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Mon Mar 7 03:10:13 EST 2011

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In reference to http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2933
>
> Mozilla is about to release Firefox 4. (Release candidate is being tested.)
>
> The current release of OpenLayers is incompatible with Firefox 4, because Firefox 4 is more HTML5-compliant than the previous release and OpenLayers runs HTML5-incompatible code if the browser's UA string doesn't contain "MSIE" or "Safari" and the UA string of Firefox 4 doesn't have those substrings.
>
> The problem has already been fixed on OpenLayers trunk.
>
> Over at https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/, we have reports about a couple of sites whose maps are broken because of this. We'd like to evangelize these sites to update to a new fixed release of OpenLayers, but one isn't available, yet.
>
> When should we expect to see a release of OpenLayers that contains the fix for http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/ticket/2933 ?

Hi Henri

We're planning on having a release candidate the week of March 14th,
so I'd say that the next release should be expected in one month or
two.

That being said, it is important to note that only the development
version of OpenLayers 2.10 doesn't work in FireFox 4. When relying on
a built version of the library, which is highly recommended for
production, I'm quite confident OpenLayers 2.10 works well in FireFox
4. This is something you may want to mention to your users.

Thanks,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS