[OpenLayers-Dev] Re: More undefined variables on OpenLayers!

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Tue Mar 8 09:21:17 EST 2011

Xavier,

The first step for closure integration was to integrate it as a build tool.
I am supportive of other developers who are interested taking on the integration
(and more importantly, *documentation*) of how to use Closure Compiler as a
tool for finding warnings -- in the same way that developers currently use
jslint to find errors and mistakes.

At this point, I do not have the time to invest in understanding closure enough
to integrate your changes in a way that I can understand how to use them, and
your patches did not make it clear to me how I would use closure to find these
warnings. (As I said in comments on the ticket, I think that the work you've
done is interesting, but I just don't understand it.)

If other developers are interested in taking it on, they're welcome to, obviously.
I just knew that I wasn't going to invest in it, and no one else expressed a
strong interest at the time, so I bumped it.

-- Chris