[OpenLayers-Dev] ship only with minimal build for 2.12

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Tue Feb 28 05:30:00 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Peter Robins
<openlayers at peterrobins.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28 February 2012 07:08, Eric Lemoine <eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com> wrote:
>> So is the plan to ship two builds in the release archive, a full build and a
>> light build? That sounds good to me. I wonder if we should also provide a
>> mobile-specific build. And yes, we'll need to provide some text file in the
>> release archive to describe what these builds are and provide, and how to
>> create custom builds.
> the last is already in
> http://docs.openlayers.org/library/deploying.html (and would be better
> if rebuilt to include my recent changes). Do we need to duplicate this
> in a release archive? At the moment, documentation, much of it
> out-of-date, is all over the place: api docs, examples,
> docs.openlayers.org, trak wiki, doc/ and notes/, github readme, and
> probably a few more I'm not aware of. Wouldn't it be better to have
> one central online place for _all_ documentation?

Yes... Yet a few notes in a README file of the release archive would
make sense to me.

> Ideally, if you're going to have separate builds, the release should
> also document which examples apply to which builds. This all sounds
> like quite a lot of work to me.

The examples in the release could work with the debug OpenLayers.js script.

Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352
73377 Le Bourget du Lac, Cedex