[OpenLayers-Dev] LayerSwitcher strange behaviour when mixing google layers and others

Arnaud Vandecasteele arnaud.sig at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:46:06 PDT 2014

Hi Bart,

I've tried to use the browser’s development tools, but detecting what is
wrong is not obvious.
It happens not only in my project but as well with the very simple
examples of OL.
Strange...

I will apply your CSS solution, good idea.

I've got another question as well, but I will open a new thread.

Thanks

A.

On 14-04-28 01:59 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Something is interfering with the CSS, you can probably figure it out
> by using the browser’s development tools and inspecting the layer
> switcher’s dom elements.
>
> As a workaround, you can also just add a fixed font size for the whole
> div eg:
>
> .olControlLayerSwitcher {
> font-size: 10px;
> }
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> --
> Bart van den Eijnden
> Front-end Developer | Boundless
> @boundlessgeo
>
> On 28 Apr 2014, at 18:17, Arnaud Vandecasteele <arnaud.sig at gmail.com
> <mailto:arnaud.sig at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Any chance to have a hint on this problem ?
>> I would like to keep OL 13.1 but if the problem remains, I will have
>> to switch for a previous version.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> A.
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Arnaud Vandecasteele
>> <arnaud.sig at gmail.com <mailto:arnaud.sig at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     I've noticed a strange behaviour for the LayerSwitcher since I
>>     move in 13.1.
>>     If I mix in the same time some layers from Google and others
>>     providers (let say OSM), the size of layerswitcher and the font
>>     size of the label change when clicking on the Google maps layers
>>     and the others.
>>     For example if I only select OSM, the layerswitcher is bigger
>>     than if I have one of the Gmaps layers (tested on Ubuntu with
>>     Chrome and Firefox).
>>     In the beginning, I thought it was a problem with my code but I
>>     can reproduce the same behaviour using some of the examples in
>>     the OL directory.
>>     ex : google-v3-overlays.js
>>
>>     Just add :
>>     var osm =  new OpenLayers.Layer.OSM(
>>             "OpenStreetMap",null,{
>>                 visibility: false
>>             }
>>         )
>>     map.addLayers([gsat, gphy, gmap, ghyb, osm]);
>>
>>     Do you know what could cause that?
>>
>>     Thanks
>>
>>     Arnaud
>>

>> --

Arnaud Vandecasteele
SIG - WebMapping - Spatial Ontology - GeoCollaboration

Web Site
http://geotribu.net/