[OpenLayers-Users] TileCache and KaMaps

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Dec 5 19:53:51 EST 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 06:29:08PM -0500, Chris Holmes wrote:

> I'll also note that right now it seems to be having more blank images.
> It's not all pre-cached.  I've actually consistently had problems with
> areas that aren't pre-cached, they tend to not wait until the backend
> has returned, instead just return the broken images.  It would be great
> if I could get it so there's never the broken images, some just take a
> lot longer to load.

I think we've talked about this before on the mailing list? This is most
likely an OpenLayers bug, if it's the same thing I've run into: have you
been able to reproduce it without OpenLayers in the loop?

Basically, I don't trust OpenLayers WMS to always request tiles on grids
after looking at TileCache in OpenLayers for a while. Figuring out why
is high on my priority list for OpenLayers development, but at the
moment, OpenLayers development is not high on my priority list.

It's unfortunate that this is happening, but I haven't been able to come
up with a reasonable test case that can reproduce it, which makes
debugging or fixing it hard.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta