[OpenLayers-Users] KaMap Tiles

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Dec 18 13:22:12 EST 2006

Hello OpenLayers,

We just loaded OpenLayers 2.2 and configured it to work with Ka-Map, but
I am concerned because it is generating tiles. We have a pre-cached tile
repository with fixed tile sizes, but there is no way that I can find in
the docs to limit OL to those fixed zoom scales. In fact the the wiki
implies that OL ignores the ka-map scales:

 > These should be the module names of your php modules for Mapscript
and GD.

 > $aszMapFiles = array(
 >   "world"   => array( "World", "/path/to/your/mapfile",
 >                array( 10000  ), # in openlayers, the scale array
doesn't matter.
 >                "PNG24")
 >
 > );

How can OL be restricted to work ONLY with the scales we have in out cache?

Thanks,
   -Steve W.