[OpenLayers-Users] Overlays not displaying after certain zoom level

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Nov 8 19:20:45 EST 2006

On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 11:04:16PM +0100, Arnd Wippermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have also noticed, that on Google baselayer the zooming for the Overlays
> will end before maxzoomlevel.

This problem is probably related to the fact that numZoomLevels for the
WMS layer is by default less than that for the Google layer, so you can
zoom in farther for Google, and the WMS layer turns off.

I'm not sure though, so if you can't figure out how to resolve it, it
probably makes sense to open a ticket in Trac.

> And I get for the Google Maps not the maxzoomlevel, I can get, when I use
> Google Maps direct.

The default numZoomLevels in OpenLayers is 16. To change this for a
particular layer, you can add a {numZoomLevels:17} parameter to the
options on the layer, which will allow you to zoom farther.

> And third. When I resize the window, the zoombox and mouseclick for
> GetFeatureInfo is not any more at the right place.

This is a bug, slated for fixing in the 2.3 release.
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/388

> Has someone a hint, what to do?
>
> Here you can see this behavior : http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/index.html
>
> Mit freundlichen Gr?ssen